We want to hear from you.
Find out about this project and how you can stay up to date.
We are renewing the large water distribution main network in and around Pascoe Vale Road, Moonee Ponds to ensure a clean and reliable water supply, extra capacity and protection against water loss and leaks.
The current water main is over 100 years old and is nearing the end of its service life.
The new water main will be larger and will provide a reliable water supply into the future.
The project will be delivered by Jaydo Construction with construction to begin in June 2022 and be completed by early 2023.
We will be working in stages to minimise impact to the local community.
Construction will start on Alexandra Avenue on 20 June 2022. There will be a two-stage closure of Alexandra Avenue for up to 4 weeks. Access to businesses and residences will be via Coats Street and Dean Street. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Construction is scheduled to move onto Feehan Avenue on 13 July 2022. Parts of Feehan Avenue will be closed as we progressively work through the area.
Detours and traffic management will be in place to help vehicles, pedestrians and bike riders move safely around the area.
Construction of the water main is complete on Alexandra Avenue and the first section of Feehan Avenue is scheduled for completion next week.
Alexandra Avenue will reopen from 20 July 2022.
Changes to how you move around Feehan Avenue
From 26 July 2022 Feehan Avenue, between Alexandra Avenue and Thomas Street will be closed whilst works are completed in this section.
- We will progressively close Feehan Avenue up to Wilson Street.
- We will reopen Feehan Avenue block by block between Alexandra Avenue, finishing in late August (subject to weather conditions).
- We request that owners of vehicles parking in around the construction zone relocate their vehicles until construction is complete.
Thank you for your patience as we deliver these essential works.
We are on schedule to progress along McPherson Street with works extending up to Bent Street on 15 August 2022.
From 15 August, Feehan Avenue and McPherson Street between Coats Street and Bent Street will be closed.
- Coats to Kenna will reopen on 19 August 2022.
- We will progressively close McPherson Street up to Albion Street block by block, finishing in early October (subject to weather conditions).
- We will be requesting that owners of parked vehicles relocate until construction is complete.
- Detours and traffic management will be in place to help vechiles, pedestrians and cyclists move around the area.
How can I get involved?
- Register - via the form to receive monthly progress updates and information on planned activities.
- Telephone - if you know someone who cannot register or provide feedback online, they can get in touch with our engagement team to give their feedback over the phone or via email. See Contact Us details.
- Visit - Come down and meet the project team at Pascoe Reserve. The community engagement team will be based here Monday- Friday during business hours. Drop by if you have any questions and to find out more about the project